Planning ahead can be a key difference in more easily making better choices. If you're struggling to make time to prepare and eat plant-based foods, plan your meals ahead of time and cook in batches to cut down on food waste (and save time too).
Cooking larger quantities of a recipe at once allows you to cut down on kitchen time and use up the ingredients you have, leaving you prepared with ready-made meals to enjoy throughout the week.
You can break up your weekly exercise goal in different ways, such as taking short brisk walks or going up stairs during your work day, in addition to scheduled exercise on some days.
If you are not active at all now, start by finding an activity that you would enjoy doing for at least 5 minutes every day. We’ll help you increase from there as your body becomes accustomed to moving more. Check out the guide “Why and how to make a shopping list” in the Discover tab.
Try out these Skills in the app:
- Plan a plant-based meal for tomorrow
- Make a grocery list before you shop
- Stock up on a whole plant food staple
- Go for a walk
Here are some more resources to get you started:
- 3 Steps For Easy Meal Planning: https://www.getbetter.io/all-articles/2019/5/8/3-steps-for-easy-meal-planning
- Back-up Eating Plan: https://www.getbetter.io/all-articles/2019/7/19/back-up-eating-plan
- Updated Guidelines: Get Up, Get Moving: https://www.getbetter.io/all-articles/2018/12/10/new-exercise-guidelines-get-up-and-get-moving